The Lowdown on Therapy + Counseling: What Everyone Should Know Katie Gustafson | Ep. 25
You may think you know how therapy sessions work. I thought I did. In truth, I’ve never been. That’s exactly why I wanted to bring Katie Gustafson on to dispel all the myths and separate fact from fiction when it comes to therapy and counseling. You’ll even get to eavesdrop on a real mini session between Katie and I!
Katie is a psychotherapist, writer, and founder of The Bloom Groups based in Nashville. She helps inspire and equip women to live fully into their truest, most authentic selves.
She is passionate about holding safe space for others to unblock past trauma, reconcile old story lines that don’t fit anymore, and write a hopeful next chapter using several modalities, especially experiential therapy and the Enneagram.
She is convinced that as we wake up and partner with ourselves and our desires, we will inevitably find meaning, purpose, and thrive.
I learned so much in this episode about how to find a therapist, how to choose a therapist and why it’s worth investing in my emotional health. I think it will help dispel myths you may have believed about therapy, and encourage you to keep pursuing it if it’s something you’ve done in the past!
KINDLED FACEBOOK COMMUNITY:
Links mentioned in this episode:
CONNECT WITH KATIE
- HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your preferred podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app.
- Leave an iTunes review. This is so helpful! It helps other moms find us on iTunes!
- Like Kindled on Instagram for the latest updates and related information.
- Share your thoughts! I’d love to know what you think. Shoot me an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell your friends! I hope this podcast is an encouragement to you in your motherhood and work life. I’d love if you want to share it with other moms who would find it helpful.