Taking Jesus Seriously and Not Much Else | Caroline Saunders | Ep. 33
Today’s guest says there are two things that make her smack her own face in frustration: 1. when we buy into the lie that spiritual things must be serious, and 2. when we don’t take our faith seriously.
“It’s a dance, the serious with the silly, but they belong together like a wonky misfit marriage that somehow results in the most beautiful family. Their house is the one where you feel safe to laugh and cry, to worship wholeheartedly, to wrestle through doubt and disappointment, to abandon carefully crafted persona in favor of honest weirdness, to stop pretending.”
I will admit. Taking myself too seriously is one of my life’s greatest struggles. I have since I was a kid. So I was honestly eager to listen to and learn from Caroline Evans. I was delighted to have a conversation with Caroline that spanned so broad, but dug deep into truth on all fronts.
From how we think and talk about our bodies to discipleship. I first learned of Caroline Evans after reading “Same Here, Sisterfriend,” curated by Holly Mackle, who was a guest on Kindled a few episodes back! Caroline was a contributor for the book. She is real and I am constantly inspired by her honest and uplifting writing. I hope this conversation is the equivalent for you!
Caroline Saunders is a writer, advocate of uncoolness, mother to two objectively adorable humans, and wife to Luke, a pastor and Aaron Rodgers look-alike. She uses her powers convincing her children not to be monsters, influencing women towards Jesus, eating guacamole, and creating a women’s retreat experience called Story & Soul Weekend (storyandsoulweekend.com) with her besties. She can be found oversharing at WriterCaroline.com and on Instagram at @writercaroline.
CONNECT WITH CAROLINE
Want more from Kindled?
- HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your preferred podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app.
- Leave an iTunes review. This is so helpful! It helps other moms find us on iTunes!
- Like Kindled on Instagram for the latest updates and related information.
- Share your thoughts! I’d love to know what you think. Shoot me an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell your friends! I hope this podcast is an encouragement to you in your motherhood and work life. I’d love if you want to share it with other moms who would find it helpful.