You are not your roles and responsibilities | Ep. 2
So often, we mistake our roles and responsibilities for WHO WE ARE. We are defined by our work, our mothering, and our perception or or other peoples’ perception of our success or failure at either.
Join me in Episode 2 as I talk about my own struggle with identity and offer Gospel-centered encouragement to others seeking to live into who JESUS says they are instead of what the world says about them.
If you’ve ever felt like you are just a congolmeration of the roles and responsibilites you or others expect you to perform, and at any moment the tightly wound ball could come unraveled, this one’s for you. You need to hear that if you are in Christ Jesus, nothing you do or don’t do can exclude you from grace. You are not the sum total of your accomplishments, your success, your education, your productivity. You are given a new name and you can wear it proudly, denying sin and denying the world the right to give you a name that burdens and brings you down.
Identity is at the core of today’s discussion, and I’m excited to get real with my own struggle and how Jesus is teaching me who I really am in Him.
Want more from Kindled?
- HOW TO SUBSCRIBE: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your preferred podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app.
- Leave an iTunes review. This is so helpful! It helps other moms find us on iTunes!
- Like Kindled on Instagram for the latest updates and related information.
- Share your thoughts! I’d love to know what you think. Shoot me an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell your friends! I hope this podcast is an encouragement to you in your motherhood and work life. I’d love if you want to share it with other moms who would find it helpful.